Friday, August 5, 2016

Welcome to 2C


Welcome to second grade in room 2C! It is a pleasure to welcome you to Archway Arete for the 2016-2017 school year! My name is Mrs. Andrea Cook, and along with my teacher assistant Mrs. Gay Lacsa, we are so excited to be teaching your second graders this year!


Let me begin with a brief introduction of myself. I was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona. I graduated from Arizona State University (Go Devils!), I then married my college sweetheart and took a job with Great Hearts. I started working at Great Hearts in 2011 with Exceptional Student Services; helping students with special needs access this wonderful curriculum. I have taught children from kindergarten to seventh grade, and I am delighted to be a part of the second grade team again this year! In my spare time I enjoy doing Crossfit with my husband (who some of your children may know as Coach Cook) and taking our (huge) dog Chief for hikes or swims in the lake. I loved iced coffee, country music, Mexican food, and anything ASU!

          
We are so lucky to have Mrs. Gay Lacsa as our assistant teacher this year! Mrs. Lacsa is a mom of a soon to be Arizona State Student! This will be her 12th year working in a school and she is so excited for her position at Archway Arete, working in second grade. In her free time she loves to cook, bake, do arts and crafts, and laugh.

Here is an link to a survey I created in hopes to make Meet the Teacher night a more enjoyable experience. Please fill it out before Monday, August 8.
Supplies for tomorrow night, many of our supplies will become community items. Please label your students pencil box and scissors. We will label the students folders and notebooks for them!

We have a wonderful, exciting adventure ahead. I cannot wait to get to know, teach, and love on your sweet peas for the 2016-2017 school year!